Obesity is a severe and complex medical problem caused by the accumulation of excessive body fat that increases the risk of other health issues like heart diseases, diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure, gastroesophageal reflux disease and certain cancers. At some point, people may feel discomfort in many ways and believe that obesity is the cause. Gaining bodily weight also results in disproportionate body shape and idleness.
Obesity is common among people with sedentary lifestyles and unhealthy routines, and women typically put on weight during menopause and post-pregnancy. Generally, excessive eating habits and high calorie or junk food consumption beyond the energy requirement of an individual’s body is the dominant cause of obesity. Many people blame metabolism concerns as the cause of overweight, though it is far from the truth. Metabolism naturally controls itself to meet each individual’s energy needs. In general, burning more calories than the intake helps in losing weight.
Some of the simple and valuable remedies to reduce weight are as follows:
1. Go for a long walk (at least 6 miles) in the early morning. If you do not have sufficient time, then a brisk walk for 30 to 45 minutes in the morning and evening is recommended.
2. Simple exercises, cycling and jogging, are also helpful in burning body fat. Certain asanas in yoga like sarvangasana, bhujangasana, dhanurasana, chakrasana and vajrasana are highly beneficial.
3. Drink citric juices without adding sugar, especially lemon juice, mixed with a teaspoon of honey in the early morning.
4. Light breakfast in the morning, for lunch and dinner chapatis or pulkas with steamed cabbage or carrot or vegetable poriyal along with a small quantity of rice, will be a favourable diet.
5. Drink tender coconut water between breakfast and lunch, lunch and dinner. Avoid drinking coffee or tea, smoking cigarettes, consuming alcohol, fried or junk foods, packaged foods, sweets and snacks.
6. Head and body massage with castor oil once a week is recommended.
Some time is required to fit these measures into your routine, but the remedies mentioned above are highly effective in burning fat and result-oriented.